Brain’s Top Five ‘Star Wars’ Movies [VIDEO]
May the 4th be with you! Yes, it's officially Star Wars day and as of today, all of what they now call The Skywalker Saga movies are streaming on Disney+. I've been a Star Wars fan for as long as I can remember. I was born in 1974 and the first film was released in 1977. I remember playing with Luke Skywalker and C3PO and everything in between. Those were simple and innocent times. Now Star Wars is owned by Disney and things are, well, not quite the same. It's time to update my list of my favorite Star Wars movies of all time!
5. Rouge One: A Star Wars Story - 2016 - Not everything Disney has done with Star Wars has been bad. The story of Rogue One centers on the rebels who stole the plans to the original Death Star. Great battles scenes, and yes, Darth Vader steals the movie towards the end!
4. Return of the Jedi - 1983 - The first Star Wars movie that I got to see in theaters, ROTJ will always hold a special place in my heart. Yes, I hate the Ewoks too, but the end scenes with Luke, Vader, and the Emperor are worth it!
3. The Force Awakens - 2015 - J.J. Abrams introduces us to Rey, Finn, and Poe. Three likable characters for a whole new generation of fans. Yes, it heads a bit to close to the source material at times, but I really like this movie and some of the bold choices that it makes. A strong start to the final trilogy.
2. A New Hope - 1977 - The film that started it all. Without the original Star Wars, none of the other films would be possible. Sure some of the special effects look cheesy in 2020, but some scenes still hold up. They'll never be another group like Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, R2D2, and C3PO. Thank you, George Lucas.
1. The Empire Strikes Back - 1980 - The best sequel of all time? Perhaps. But I still think it's the best Star Wars movie of all time. It builds off the original and adds darker themes and imagery. And of course, one of the best reveals of all time. "No...I am your father!" THIS is Star Wars at it's best!