The Sundance Film Festival Comes to Iowa City This Month
FilmScene in Iowa City is preparing to host a portion of the Sundance Film Festival at the end of January!
Thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, the famous Sundance Film Festival will be held all over the country this year, and that includes a theatre down in Iowa City. That's according to KCRG, who reports that from January 28th through February 1st, FilmScene, located at the Chauncy Building, will show eight different movies from this year's festival. Here's a look at the lineup:
- In the Same Breath
- Thursday, January 28th at 8 p.m.
- Friday, January 29th at 3 p.m., 3:30 p.m., and 4 p.m.
- Rebel Hearts
- Friday, January 29th at 8 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- Saturday, January 30th at 3 p.m., 3:30 p.m., and 4 p.m.
- Saturday, January 30th at 8 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday, January 31st at 2:30 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Sunday, January 31st at 7:30 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Judas and the Black Messiah
- Monday, February 1st at 8:30 p.m. and 9 p.m.
FilmScene, which was one of around 30 venues to be chosen to host the festival, will be open for in-person viewings of these films. But, you'll only get your hands on tickets if you're lucky. According to their official website:
"Members and the general public can purchase raffle tickets for the opportunity to book the theater with a limited guest list of their choosing."
FilmScene members will be able to purchase their raffle tickets today, January 14th at 10 a.m., and everyone else will get the opportunity tomorrow, January 15th at 10 a.m. If you'd rather check out the films virtually, you can purchase tickets to the entire Sundance Film Festival HERE.
How Well Do You Know Cedar Rapids?