A Cedar Rapids home is a total loss following a fire Saturday night. The blaze destroyed the home of Ed and Jana Kotaska at 1605 K Ave NE.

The fire is believed to have started at around 8:15 p.m. Saturday. The Cedar Rapids Fire Department said that the home was fully engulfed in flames when they arrived on the scene. Officials said that one male did receive medical treatment but provided no further details. A neighbor told KCRG TV that it was Ed Kotaska who suffered burns to his back after he ran back into the burning house to retrieve the families dogs.

Another neighbor, Kaity Rae, has created a Go Fund Me page for the Kotaska's. The page is hoping to raise $5,000 for the couple who lost nearly everything in the fire. They are asking residents to share the page even if they can't afford to donate.

Cedar Rapids fire officials say they are still looking into the cause of the fire.


[via KCRG]

More From 98.1 KHAK