The Leader Of The Cheeseheads Doesn’t Eat Cheese?
Aaron Rodgers is no longer a Cheesehead. No, the Packers didn't trade their All-Pro quarterback. Rodgers has made some changes this offseason and one of them is his diet.
Inspired by Patriots star Tom Brady, Rodgers had cut dairy out of his diet. Yes, no more Wisconsin cheese for Wisconsin's favorite athlete. Rodgers says that he is trying to follow the 80/20 rule. Eat 80% healthy, and the other 20% whatever he wants. The goal is to extend his playing career, much like Brady has done.
Rodgers says that watching what you eat can help eliminate inflammations within your body, which can be troublesome when you're trying to heal from an injury. The change in his diet has Rodgers down to a lean 217 pounds. That's the thinnest the quarterback has been since his rookie season.
[via CBS Sports]