Six Things You Should (and Shouldn’t) Do if You Win the Powerball
Billionaire Mark Cuban has some solid advice for the winner of the Powerball jackpot tonight.
This definitely goes without saying, but I'm gonna say it anyways: $1.5 billion is a WHOLE LOT OF MONEY. And with that money comes a HUGE amount of responsibility. Whoever wins tonight is going to have their world change in the blink of an eye, so it's good to have a logical plan.
Billionaire Mark Cuban has a real-life rag-to-riches story, which means he can offer up some pretty good financial advice to tonight's winner. If you bought yourself a Powerball ticket, LISTEN UP! Here are his 6 pieces of wisdom:
- Hire a tax attorney first
- To stop yourself from blowing through your money, do NOT take the lump sum
- If you weren't happy yesterday, winning won't automatically make you happy tomorrow. Money is not happiness
- If you WERE happy yesterday, you'll be VERY happy tomorrow. Not worrying about bills makes life easier
- When your friends and relatives ask for money, tell them NO. You will know what the people closest to you need, and you can help SOME people, but talk to your accountant first. Anyone who straight-up asks you for money is NOT your friend
- Don't make investments. Put your money in the bank and you can live comfortably FOREVER.
So there you have it! If you plan on winning the lottery tonight, these are the things you need to remember, told to you by a REAL LIFE, self-made billionaire. Good luck!
[Via Dallas News]