Native Iowan Will Appear on ‘The Bachelorette’ Next Week
Is there a new "Prince Farming" in town?
The new season of ABC's "The Bachelorette" doesn't premiere until one week from today (May 23rd), but rumors are already flying about the guys who will be trying to win JoJo Fletcher's heart. One of those guys is 29-year-old Derek Peth, who is originally from Waverly, Iowa.
Although Derek now lives in New York and works as a commercial banker, he grew up right here in Iowa and attended Wartburg College, where he also ran track. He's 6'3 and has baby blue eyes and dark brown hair (and REALLY white teeth, I might add). Here are a few more interesting tidbits about Derek:
- His dad is Dick Peth, the head coach of Wartburg College's men's basketball team
- He posts videos of himself singing and playing guitar on Youtube
- Like many other Iowans, one of his favorite movies is "Field of Dreams"
- He has a serious fear of fluffy kittens
- He really admires Benjamin Franklin
Rumor has it that Derek gets the first 1-on-1 date with JoJo, and that date involves a private plane to San Francisco!
For more info on Derek, including a photo, check out his official bio HERE.
Also, if things don't work out with JoJo, Derek, I'm in Cedar Rapids if you want to give me a call... (I'm sorry, I HAD to!)
[Via Des Moines Register]