My Top 5 Board Games You Need To Try During A Snowstorm
With the winter storm warning in effect for the weekend, many people are probably not going to go brave the roads to do different activities for the weekend (and if you do, please be careful!). So what is there to do to keep you and your kids occupied for a weekend in besides TV and naps? Have a board game party! If you are asking if they still make these with the technology now-a-days, well yeah they do and you might not remember how much fun they can really be!
Board games are interactive between family and friends, brings out a competitive spirit, and may cause some family rifts in the end but are the best things to do on a night in. So put on a good movie, grab some snacks, and get ready for a fun night in! To help you out, I am going to give you my Top 5 Board Games to play!
1. Clue: The Harry Potter Version- I love detective stories and games and don't get me wrong the original version of clue is awesome. However, add in my favorite movie series and I am sold! With new additions such as moving board pieces, potions and spells and secret passages, you are sure to have a great time!
2. Trouble- Remember this one? You have to push the pop dice on the board to move your pieces into the home space but watch out for players skipping over you or landing on you to send you back to start! Let's be honest, the best part of this game was continually popping the dice in the middle.
3. Scrabble- Now you may be thinking this game is only for the smarty-pants of the family and can be pretty boring. However, the best part of this game is finding out the amount of words that are not words or that people can't spell. It can be a good laugh.
4. Pay Day- This was the game of choice in my house as a kid. Basically, it is about living as an adult and having to go through each month paying bills, doing activities, and trying to have enough money to make it to the next. In the end, whomever has the most money at the end of so many months wins! It made adulting seem like fun at the time!
5. Scene It- This is not strictly a board game but it involves both a board and a DVD to battle it out in trivia of certain categories. I mean the best part about this is bragging about knowing more about a certain topic than the others in your family/friends, right?