Iowa Reveals Game Times For Five Football Games, Night Contest
On the cusp of Memorial Day Weekend, we've learned much more about the 2022 Iowa football season, which is still more than three months away.
The University of Iowa announced Thursday afternoon that Iowa's season-opener against the South Dakota State Jackrabbits will begin on Saturday, September 3 at 11 a.m. The game, which will be played at Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City, will be televised by FS1.
The annual Cy-Hawk game against the Iowa State Cyclones will be played the following Saturday, on September 10. The rivalry game will begin at 3 p.m. Big Ten Network will show the game, which is also played in Iowa City this year.
On Saturday, September 17, the Hawkeyes will play under the lights in Iowa City against the Nevada Wolf Pack. The kickoff is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. That game will also be televised by Big Ten Network (BTN).
The game time for Iowa's October 29 homecoming game against Northwestern was also revealed today... almost. That will begin at either 2 or 2:30 p.m., with the television network to be announced.
Finally, Iowa's Black Friday (November 25) battle against Nebraska will start at 3 p.m. Big Ten Network will again televise the contest, which will be played in Iowa City.
According to a media release from the University of Iowa, "kickoff times for all other games will be selected during the in-season 12-/6-day selection process, per the media rights agreements between the Big Ten Conference and its television partners." In addition to BTN and FS1, the other two networks are ABC and Fox.
Here's a look at Iowa's full schedule for 2022:
- Saturday, September 3: South Dakota State (11 a.m./FS1--celebration of 50 Years of University of Iowa Women's Athletics)
- Saturday, September 10: Iowa State (3 p.m./BTN)
- Saturday, September 17: Nevada (6:30 p.m./BTN--Gold Out Game)
- Saturday, September 24: at Rutgers (TBA)
- Saturday, October 1: Michigan (TBA--ANF Black & Gold Spirit Game)
- Saturday, October 8: at Illinois (TBA)
- Saturday, October 22: at Ohio State (TBA)
- Saturday, October 29: Northwestern (2 or 2:30 p.m./TV TBA--Homecoming)
- Saturday, November 5: at Purdue (TBA)
- Saturday, November 12: Wisconsin (TBA--Military Appreciate Game/Black Out)
- Saturday, November 19: at Minnesota (TBA)
- Friday, November 25: Nebraska (3 p.m./BTN--Senior Day/Heroes Game)
Best Iowa Football Photos of the 2021 Season
LOOK: 50 images of winning moments from sports history