Indy Car To Make Cedar Rapids Appearances
Start your engines! In this case, you might not be able to, but you don't have to be a racing fan to think it's pretty cool to see some of these rides. They are built for speed and excitement.
Racecar driver Graham Rahal and his Rahal Racing team will be bringing their Hy-Vee sponsored Indy Car to select Cedar Rapids locations next weekend (July 16-18). It will come on the heels of this year's Indianapolis 500 that took place over Memorial Day weekend in May. Here's where the Cedar Rapids Gazette says you can see the show car:
- Friday, July 16, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.: Hy-Vee, 1843 Johnson Ave. NW
- Friday, July 16, 12:30 to 3:30 p.m.: Hy-Vee, 3235 Oakland Rd.
- Saturday, July 17, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.: Hy-Vee, 4035 Mount Vernon Rd
- Saturday, July 17, 12:30 to 3:30 p.m.: Hy-Vee, 5050 Edgewood Rd. NE
- Sunday, July 18, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Hy-Vee, 3600 Business Hwy. 151, Marion
These events are open to the public and are free. Hy-Vee became the primary sponsor for Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing Team in 2020 when Rahal finished third in a race with their #45 sponsored car at the Iowa Speedway.
Waterloo/Cedar Falls residents had a chance to see this same car at Hy-Vee locations in their area over the Fourth of July weekend. It's one of two cars Hy-Vee sponsors for the Rahal Lanigan Racing Team, according to the Rock Island Dispatch-Argus, and KWWL says this thing can go up to 250 mph but you likely won't get to hear the engine roar at the appearance next weekend. Bummer.
LOOK: See how much gasoline cost the year you started driving
Can You Pronounce These Weird Iowa Town Names?