How Likely Are You to Lose Your Job to AI in Iowa?
One of the big, hot button issues and concerns facing Americans right now is AI otherwise known as Artificial Intelligence. Reports of students using AI chatbots like ChatGPT to write essays or do homework have been running rampant.
According to reports, half of teachers claim they know a student at their school who faced consequences for using/or being suspected of using ChatGPT for assignments.
Another concern is that AI might take away job or career opportunities. That is part of the reason that the writers and actors in Hollywood have been or were striking.
However, just how likely is it that this could happen in the Hawkeye State?
Research from a website called PennStakes, revealed the realistic odds of Iowans losing their job to AI. It was determined that most of the jobs that are likely to have their workers be replaced by AI require less qualifications, such as college degrees are technical training.
There are certain jobs with a very low risk of being overrun by AI.
Jobs With Lowest Risk of Being Replaced By AI
- Registered Nurses
- Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education
- First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers
- Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education
- Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education
- Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
- General and Operations Managers
- Home Health and Personal Care Aides
Laborers, office clerks, bookkeepers, and meat packers are at the highest risk. Each of these jobs have a 100% chance of being at risk of them being replaced by AI.
Other positions with a high chance include medical secretaries, delivery services drivers, and fast-food workers. Even some of the most popular jobs in the Hawkeye State are facing a possible unsteady future thanks to Artificial Intelligence.
Top 10 Most Common Jobs in Iowa & Risk of Being Replaced By AI
- Cashiers ~ 88%
- Retail Salespersons ~ 66%
- Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers ~ 88%
- Fast Food and Counter Workers ~ 99%
- General and Operations Managers ~ 38%
- Registered Nurses ~ 10%
- Customer Service Representatives ~ 82%
- Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers ~ 100%
- Office Clerks, General ~ 100%
- Janitors and Cleaners, Except Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners ~ 83%
Stay up to date with everything going on in Eastern Iowa by downloading the free station app from your app store. Also, do not forget to follow the station across all social media platforms for the latest news affecting our neck of the woods.
See Inside Roseanne Barr's Eldon Mansion
Gallery Credit: Kerri Mac
Snake Alley in Burlington, IA
Gallery Credit: Kerri Mac