Eastern Iowa’s Apple Orchards are Open for the Season!
Now that the month of September has arrived, we are quickly approaching my favorite time of year... fall! An ideal fall day for me would be picking some apples at an orchard, eating as many fresh donuts as my body will allow, and then chugging some ice-cold apple cider. If you would also like to participate in these activities, here is a list of local apple orchards here in Eastern Iowa:
- Allen's Orchard
- 5801 N 10th St in Marion
- Open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Featuring “U-Pick” apples, pumpkins, fresh donuts, and baked goods
- Wilson's Orchard
- 4823 Dingleberry Road NE in Iowa City
- Open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Featuring "U-Pick" apples, fresh donuts/baked goods, apple cider, pumpkins, and weekend tractor rides
- Gravert's Apple Basket Orchard
- 54757 Hwy 52 in Sabula
- Open daily from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Featuring "U-Pick" apples, animals, fresh apple cider, jams/jellies, salsa, and other homemade products
- The Big Apple Orchard
- 1115 Hwy 30 W in Mount Vernon
- CLOSED for the 2019 season
- "As the 2019 apple season approaches, we are faced with a road that is under construction and four lanes of traffic now converging into two… directly at the entrance to the orchard. After much consideration, we have decided that this traffic pattern presents too much risk to all of you wonderful people who visit the orchard. Therefore, we, unfortunately, are not going to open this fall. We are sorry."
Other Orchards (NO "U-Pick")
- Czipars Orchard
- 8610 Route 52 S in Dubuque
- Open daily from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Timeless Prairie Orchard
- 3049 280th St in Winthrop
- Open Thursday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. & Sunday from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.