A little boy from Waterloo remains in intensive care, in critical condition, 12 days after he accidentally inhaled a common fuel used during the summer in Iowa.

According to a GoFund Me page set up by his grandmother, Barrett inhaled citronella fuel Sunday, July 14. The fuel is commonly used in outdoor torches during the summer to help keep away bugs.

After inhaling the fuel, Barrett was taken to a Waterloo hospital and then transported by Air Care to the University of Iowa Stead Family Children's Hospital in Iowa City. Barrett has remained on a breathing tube since that day and, according to the GoFund me page has "undergone several procedures to treat his lung damage and the complications."

Barrett has a twin sister and five other siblings, including a 3-week-old. The fundraising goal of the GoFund Me page is $4,500. As of 12:10 p.m. Friday, July 26, $3,608 has been raised. If you'd like to contribute, you can do so HERE.

More From 98.1 KHAK