Chicago Cubs Are One Of The Most Valuable Baseball Franchises
Every year, "Forbes" compiles a list of the most valuable franchises in Major League Baseball. It's based on revenue earned from ticket sales and TV deals, player salaries, operating costs, and a bunch of other factors.
The New York Yankees are #1... yet again. "Forbes" has done this list for 22 years, and they've topped it every year. Which is kind of amusing when you consider the Yankees just lost their third straight game to the Astros last night.
I'm not a Cubs fan, but I've come to respect their fan base over the past few years. I'd expect in the next few years to see the Cubs moving up a few places.
The five most valuable baseball franchises are:
- New York Yankees, $4.6 billion
- Los Angeles Dodgers, $3.3 billion
- Boston Red Sox, $3.2 billion
- Chicago Cubs, $3.1 billion
- San Francisco Giants, $3 billion
And the five least valuable are:
- Miami Marlins, $1 billion
- Tampa Bay Rays, $1.01 billion
- Kansas City Royals, $1.03 billion
- Cincinnati Reds, $1.05 billion
- Oakland Athletics, $1.1 billion