Adjusting To Daylight Savings Time [LIST]
Daylight Savings Time officially begins this weekend. Remember to set your clocks ahead one hour when you go to bed on Saturday night. There's nothing like losing an hour of sleep to completely mess up your life. Studies show our bodies are truly messed up by the time Monday morning comes around. What can you do to get ready for it?
- Cut out caffeine. Don't have any 6 hours before you go to bed. It's a good rule of thumb anyway, but one to follow this weekend.
- Lay of the alcohol. Even one drink can mess up your sleep. Skip the drinks if you can tomorrow night.
- Eat light. Don't eat anything 2 to 3 hours before bed. It can mess with your sleep quality.
- Make your bed a place you want to be. Fresh sheets, made. No iPhones or gadgets nearby.
- Go to bed earlier! Don't do it all at once either! Try 15 to 30 minutes early tonight, and then again Saturday night and you should be caught up by Monday.
[via Huffington Post]