You May Want to Remove Your Personal Information From This Website ASAP!
Any website that makes you agree to this statement before you can enter, immediately concerns me:
I WILL NOT use this information to stalk anyone.
If I see someone I know, I WILL NOT publicize their information or spread gossip.
I WILL NOT harass people whose criminal records appear on this site.
If I learn someone close to me is a dangerous criminal, I WILL NOT confront them.
The website is Family Tree Now and a search of your name pulls tons of information about you, including the names of your kids, and anyone can see it. Think about it for a second. A search of your name pulls up your address, your kids, and a would-be kidnapper knows the school district they live in. And that's not all. Your relatives, even by marriage, are pulled up with your search putting tons of people at risk with one search!
Do a search and you'll see your address, court records, traffic offenses and EVEN your social media accounts. No wonder they make you agree you won't stalk anyone!
This is extremely troubling, but the good news is you can opt out of this nightmare. Here's how to do it:
- Go to the website
- At the very bottom of the page, click on the PRIVACY button
- Scroll about a third of the way down the next page to the blue hyperlink that says opt out here.
- Check the I'm not a robot box and click the Begin Opt Out Procedure button
- Re-enter your information and click Search button
- Click green View Details button
- Click red button that says Opt Out This Record
- Your done. A new webpage will pop up that says, "Your optout request is being processed. Please allow up to 48 hours for your record to be removed."
It takes only a few minutes, and I'm sure you and every person you share this information with will agree, it's worth every second.
[via Mix 106]