What’s the Dumbest Way You’ve Ever Injured Yourself?
Last week, a 25-year-old dance teacher by the name of Millie Slennett went viral because of a dance move gone wrong. According to the New York Post, Millie had a few drinks and challenged her sister to a dance-off. The article reads:
"They wanted to see who could better replicate the high-flying sequence from the 1987 movie 'Dirty Dancing,' in which Patrick Swayze’s Johnny hoists Jennifer Grey’s Baby above his head while ’80s hit 'I’ve Had the Time of My Life' plays."
Needless to say, things did not go as planned. After leaping into the arms of her boyfriend Conner, who's 6-foot-1, she ending up falling directly onto her neck with the rest of her body folded up around her.
Luckily, Millie is ok. Somehow, she was able to walk away with only some bruising. The article says that "after reviewing the accident footage, doctors were surprised she could walk at all."
Here's the footage:
In honor of this horrifying incident, we asked you to share your ridiculous injuries! What's the dumbest way you've ever hurt yourself? Here are some of our favorite Facebook comments:
- Cassidy Carter - "In college, I saw a water bottle lying in the middle of a parking lot so I thought, if an NFL player can punt a ball, I can punt this too. I took my stance, ran up to it, and just as I went to kick it, my foot landed on it, rolled, and I came crashing down on it. Sprained my ankle bad enough that the doctor told me I would have been better off breaking it instead. I was on crutches for 2 months and was called 'Hopalong Cassidy' for quite some time after that."
- Sarah Manternach-Donovan - "I did a cartwheel and dislocated all the joints in my elbow."
- Madi Hirl - "I broke my foot in my sleep!"
- Allison Hartwig - "Idk if it’s 'dumb,' but it’s definitely an oxymoron. I was going too fast on my bike and crashed into a stop sign. Ended up having to get my chin glued back together and still have a scar to this day."
- Shelley Tucker Downs - "I came home after my yearly night of drinking, drunk as a skunk. Little did I know that my OCD husband had polished our wooden, enclosed stairs that night. I hit every single step and inch of wall on the way down!"
- Eric Stephenson - "When I was at the unwise age of 15, I decided that it was always a good idea to show I was tough by punching stop signs. The goal was to hit it as hard as you could off to either side, that way it would flex and move. Well, one day I punched one as hard as I could, and instead of hitting the side, I hit it square in the middle where the pole is. Needless to say, the sign won and I shattered 2 knuckles. The worst part was calling my mom to tell her how stupid I was. I literally thought she was going to end my life!"
- Brittney Palmer - "In school, a friend and I decided to go back to back and hook arms and do the trick where one person leans forward and flips the other over their back!! Well, I ended up landing on my head and shoulder. Our gym teacher was mad and made us start doing stretches. It hurt so bad I started crying. Turns out I had broken my collar bone!"
- Tracey Schmidt - "I cut my thumb opening a box of macaroni and cheese with a steak knife. End result, 5 stitches in my thumb."
- Lisa York-Godwin - "I tripped over a cat, not once, not twice but three times. Same cat. I broke my foot in three spots but kept the cat."
Share your story with us in the comments!
12 Stupid Iowa Laws Still on the Books