The Ultimate Eastern Iowa Bucket List: How Many Have You Done?
Can you check off all 25?
This November will mark seven years since I moved from Michigan to the state of Iowa. I've learned a lot these past few years, and there are times where I consider myself a true Iowan, but I definitely have more to experience.
With the help of Facebook, MANY internet lists, and the input of my born and raised Iowan coworkers, we have put together what we are calling the Ultimate Eastern Iowa Bucket List. I've only completed 19 out of the 25... what about you? Check out the list and let us know your score in the comments!
- Attempted to eat (or successfully ate) a giant tenderloin
- Visited the Field of Dreams
- Bought sweet corn from a parking lot
- Hiked the Maquoketa Caves
- Ordered pizza from a gas station
- Watched a concert at a county fair
- Stopped by the Amana Colonies for a festival
- Rode the train at Adventureland
- Stood out on the porch during a storm instead of taking shelter
- Checked out the Surf Ballroom/Buddy Holly crash site in Clear Lake
- Traveled out of state to watch a professional sporting event
- Sweat your butt off at a farmers' market
- Gotten a whiff of Crunch Berries in Downtown Cedar Rapids
- Pointed out some type of farm animal while driving through the country
- Taken a photo of the Butter Cow at the Iowa State Fair
- Tailgated before an Iowa or Iowa State game
- Rode RAGBRAI or at least spotted RAGBRAI riders as they pass through town
- Enjoyed a scoop of Blue Bunny Ice Cream
- Made a bathroom stop at the World's Largest Truck Stop in Walcott
- Recreated the American Gothic painting
- Gotten stuck behind a farming vehicle on a two-lane road
- Had to run your heat and AC in the same week... or even day!
- Driven 8 hours or more for a vacation because it was way cheaper than flying
- Sampled beer or wine from one of Iowa's many wineries/breweries
- Explained to someone that Iowa IS NOT the potato state
Photos That Show the Beauty of Iowa
10 Things You've Probably Said If You're From Iowa