Several New Restaurants are Coming to Johnson County in 2023
Earlier today, we reported that a new everbowl restaurant is coming to Iowa City. The healthy eatery will be opening at 312 S Madison Street across from the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center sometime within the next 90 days. But, everbowl is only one of the new restaurants headed to Johnson County in 2023!
Thanks to a new article from the Iowa City Press-Citizen, we now know of several new eateries coming to the Iowa City area this year. We've already reported on a few of them, like Jethro’s BBQ, Barrett's Quality Eats, Field Day Brewing Company, and Royceann's Soul Food Cottage, but here are a few of the others on the way:
- Located at 18 1/2 S Clinton Street in Iowa City (2nd and 3rd floors)
- Second Iowa location - first is at 425 East Grand Avenue in Des Moines
- Will serve margaritas, "dozens of tequilas," tacos, burritos, nachos, street corn, tortas, and more
- Describes itself as "a bar with kick ass food," NOT a restaurant
- Grand opening is Friday, February 24th beginning at 4 p.m. - food is served until 9 p.m.
- Nobody under 18 is allowed after 4 p.m. and nobody under 21 is allowed after 10 p.m.
The Turkey Leg Pit
- Located at 1660 Sycamore Street in the Iowa City Marketplace
- Owned by Gerald Seals, owner of Crab Attack Cajun Seafood Shack in Cedar Rapids
- Will serve the Crab Attack Seafood Shack menu, plus "giant turkey legs smothered with all the sauces and toppings you can think of"
- Will be open in late March/early April 2023
- Located at 3220 Redhawk Street in Coralville
- Sixth Iowa location - others are in Marion, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Dubuque, and Des Moines
- Will serves burgers, sandwiches/wraps, salads, pizza, appetizers, tacos, and more
- Will open sometime in May 2023
Blue Agave Mexican Restaurant
- Located at 211 E Ninth Street in Coralville's Iowa River Landing
- Second Iowa location - first is in West Des Moines
- Will serve tacos, elote, fajitas, bowls, burritos, and more
- No estimated opening date has been announced
You can read more about the other new restaurants coming to Johnson County on the Iowa City Press-Citizen's website HERE.