Several Eastern Iowa Haunted Houses are Still Open This Year
If you are looking for a good scare this October, you have plenty of options! The coronavirus pandemic has caused a lot of haunted attractions to shut down this season, but several Eastern Iowa haunts have found a way to keep things running in 2020.
After a quick Google search this morning, I discovered that Eldora Rotary Haunted Hospital, Garrison's Haunted, Thrashers House of Terror, and Panic Park all recently announced that they will be taking 2020 off. The good news is that plenty of other haunted attractions in the area WILL be opening, but there are lots of new guidelines in place to keep everyone safe. The main one is masks. It appears that both staff and guests are required to wear masks at nearly all the open haunted houses in the area. For more details on new guidelines and procedures at each location, you can click the name of each haunted house to be directed to their official website. Here are the open haunts:
- The Haunted Barn
- 1694 US HWY 6 Trail, Ladora
- Open every Friday and Saturday in October from 7 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Lights on will be offered from 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tickets are $10 per person
- Ravenhurst Manor/Harris Haven Haunted Funeral Home
- 3767 Lafayette Rd, Evansdale
- Also featuring Jakob's Playhouse - a haunt for kids 10 and under, open from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Open October 2nd-3rd, 9th-10th, 16th-18th, 22nd-25th, and 29th-31st
- Hours on Fridays & Saturdays are 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. and hours on Thursdays & Sundays are 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Tickets are $20 per person ($5 for Jakob's Playhouse)
- The Heart of Darkness
- Heartland Farms - 5111 Osage Road, Waterloo
- Featuring 13 separately-themed areas, the Theatre of Fear, a fog maze, a DJ, and concessions
- Open October 2nd-3rd, 9th-11th, 15th-17th, 22nd-24th, and 29th-31st
- Thursdays are "Blackout" nights from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- October 11th is Kids Day from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday hours are 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Get tickets HERE