Man Dies of Electrocution in Cedar Rapids
A man died in northeast Cedar Rapids early Wednesday afternoon, after being electrocuted.
According to a release from the Cedar Rapids Police Department, officers were dispatched to 63 Leisure Blvd N.E. Wednesday afternoon at 12:38. The call was for a person "that was in a detached shed and had suffered injuries from a possible electrocution."
When officers arrived on the scene, Cedar Rapids Fire Fighters were already tending to a man who had been electrocuted. He was taken to St. Luke's Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The man's name has not been released, pending notification of relatives. The investigation into what happened continues.
To keep up with the latest news in eastern Iowa and to listen to your favorite radio station live, download our free app from Google Play or the App store. Get the latest news, watch videos, view photo galleries & listen to us live. You can download the free app HERE.