Iowa Authorities Arrest 25, Seize 37 Guns in Drug Raid
Authorities in central Iowa have announced the arrest of 25 different people as part of a huge drug and weapons raid.
According to We Are Iowa, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Des Moines Police Department, and 16 other local and federal law enforcement agencies combined on a massive effort Wednesday. It included 45 search warrants in Iowa's capital city of Des Moines, along with 42 other nearby areas.
The 45 search warrants resulted in the seizure of 37 guns, $50,000 in cash, 18 pounds of marijuana, three pounds of cocaine, and small amounts of both meth and heroin.
In a release from the U.S. Attorney's Office, attorney Marc Krickbaum said,
These arrests had a specific target: those accused of carrying guns, slinging drugs, and endangering our community. We look forward to proving these charges in federal court. And we are grateful to our law enforcement partners, who took almost 40 guns and many pounds of drugs off the streets of Des Moines.
Damir Halkic, 32, of Urbandale was the only person arrested that wasn't from the city of Des Moines. Here are the names and ages of the 24 Des Moines residents who were arrested:
- Nolan Hamilton-Allen (32)
- Tyler James Althaus (34)
- Ornandes Raeshon Bennett (41)
- Richard Lee David Brown (45)
- Leon Dale Edwards (36)
- Jerome Jamar Hall (35)
- Marcus Antonio-Shay Hall (25)
- Terry Eugene Hambrick (40)
- Dewayne Allen Haynes (40)
- Jerron Tandre Johnson (30)
- Daryl Stephen Jones, Jr. (45)
- Amanda Raye Reed (40)
- Anthony Levon Robinson, Jr. (35)
- Kenny Eugene Smart, Jr. (47)
- Michael Lindell Teasley (32)
- Derek Shantell Thompson (41)
- Kenee L. Triplett (39)
- Cory Andrew Turner (33)
- Coty Arnez Turner (31)
- Keiffer Michael Simmons (28)
- William Lloydellton Speed, Jr. (27)
- Antoine Moishawn Williams (49)
- Leroy Williams II (50)
- Jerome Valentino Wilson (32)
Some of the people above, if convicted of their charges, could be in prison from five years to life.