CR Road Closures And Flood Measures In Place As Crest Approaches
A just-over 18 ft. crest is expected later today (Monday) on the Cedar River in Cedar Rapids, and officials are taking protection measures, including road closures to prepare.
Edgewood Road bridge is now closed between Glass Rd. NE and River Bluff Drive.
Manhattan Park NW is nearly submerged and unavailable for public use at this time.
Flood protection measures are in place and holding as anticipated, including concrete cones over manholes, pumps, sand-filled HESCOS behind the Police Station, and plugging underground storm sewer pipes. Roads have been closed in low-lying areas adjacent to the river; motorists are reminded to never drive through standing water and to heed all road closure barricades.
Edgewood Rd NW fully closed to all traffic between Glass Rd and River Bluff Drive
• Intersection of C Street SW and Bowling Street SW
• Ely Road closure at Old River Road
• Otis Rd
• Ellis Blvd Between Ellis Ln and 18th St SW
• Ellis Rd west of Edgewood Rd
• A St SW
• Bowling St between A and C St SW
• Old River Rd
• 1st St NW between E Ave and Penn Ave NW
• J St SW
The following roads are currently OPEN:
• Bowling St SW from 33rd Ave to 41st Ave
• Hawkeye Downs Rd from 6th St to J St SW