Brain & Courtlin Honored 5 More ‘Healthcare Heroes’ This Week
Billion Honda of Iowa City is helping us honor some more wonderful local healthcare workers this week!
In the fight against the coronavirus pandemic, healthcare workers are on the front lines. Their knowledge, dedication, kindness, and selflessness in the midst of all this chaos has not gone unnoticed. That's why we started decided to start a new segment called the 'Healthcare Hero of the Day.'
Each weekday around 6:45 a.m., we honor one of the many amazing healthcare workers here in Eastern Iowa, post the honoree on the 98.1 KHAK Facebook page, and mention them on the air throughout the day. It's just one small way we can support and recognize all their hard work.
Here are all of this past week's honorees:
- Teresa Donaldson, CNA/med tech at Highland Ridge Care Center in Williamsburg
- Nominated by Marla Faga
- "Teresa works many double shifts to help care for the patients whose families cannot come in to visit them. She is very aware of their loneliness and their need for interaction with other people. She gives each resident heartfelt care and treats each one as if they were her own mother or father."
- Misty Green
- Nominated by Cassandra Wood
- "Misty is our MDS Coordinator at Monticello Nursing and Rehab. Misty has a heavy workload, but is always willing to shift her schedule/hours to help out as a floor nurse wherever needed. Misty shows kind, compassionate care each day. She is an outstanding nurse and I am happy to be able to work alongside her each day! Thanks for all you do, Misty."
- Charity Loecke, Public Health Director of the Delaware County Regional Medical Center in Manchester
- Nominated by her husband Chad Loecke
- "Since the hit of COVID-19 in Iowa, Charity has spent countless hours listening and learning about the pandemic. She has worked with neighboring counties that have been affected more by the coronavirus, offering assistance and better educating herself. With all the learning and education, she has taken steps to help educate and prepare businesses in Delaware County. Charity has done many Zoom meetings, morning coffee shop talks, and morning podcasts on the local radio station. She strives to educate health care facilities, businesses, and families so that everyone continues to be healthy and safe. As her husband, I have been notified by many people in the area on how great of a job Charity is doing keeping everyone in Delaware County up to speed and educating everyone on the safety measures that they need to continue to follow during this pandemic. I also appreciate all the safety measures that she takes to keep her family safe. That being said, I believe she is very deserving of the 'Healthcare Hero of the Day' because of all the things Charity is doing to keep Delaware County SAFE!"
- Mary McDaniel, Director of Nursing at The Views Senior Living of Cedar Rapids-MeadowView Memory Care
- Nominated by Danielle Helgerson and Tracy Sherzer
- "We believe Mary is deserving of the healthcare superhero award because Mary works relentlessly to provide kind, compassionate care to not only our tenants living with dementia, but to her staff, as well. Working as a Director of Nursing is a 24/7 job, and Mary does it with a positive and upbeat attitude at all times. She is a dedicated, amazing team leader, teacher, student, and mother. She loves her roles in life and it shines through each and every day. We are so lucky to have Mary on our team. It is with heartfelt sincerity that we believe Mary is a true healthcare superhero!"
- Janna Wilkins, BSN/RN
- Nominated by Joani King
- "Janna works full-time for MedForce as a flight nurse and works part-time at the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics in the ER. She has worked so hard to get where she's at. She followed in her mom's footsteps to be an RN. Janna then set her goals higher to fly, so after going back to school (while raising a family and still working) to get her BSN, she finally got her dream job, first at U of I and now at MedForce. She takes such good care of her patients and is so caring. I have people tell me all the time how they love her. She risks her life on a helicopter to help save others. She is so deserving of this recognition! We are so proud of her!"
You can view more local winners below:
- Week 1 (3/20 through 3/27)
- Week 2 (3/30 through 4/3)
- Week 3 (4/6 through 4/10)
- Week 4 (4/13 through 4/17)
- Week 5 (4/20 through 4/24)
- Week 6 (4/27 through 5/1)
- Week 7 (5/4 through 5/8)
- Week 8 (5/11 through 5/15)
Click HERE to nominate an awesome local healthcare worker for our 'Healthcare Hero of the Day!'