And the Top 10 Breaded Pork Tenderloins in Iowa Are…
The votes have been counted! USA Today has published some of the results of their 10Best Readers' Choice Awards, and one of the lists is dedicated to Iowa tenderloins!
USA Today's travel experts selected the top 20 nominees for the contest, and then readers had the opportunity to vote and determine the top 10 winners. Voters decided that Goldie's Ice Cream Shoppe in Prairie City was the number one choice! The article states:
"Goldie’s might be an ice cream shop, but diners know to make a meal of it by starting with a pork tenderloin sandwich. Get it traditionally, Magg-style (with a cheeseburger in the same bun) or Mingo-style (with Mingo sausage and cheese)."
Here are the rest of the top 10 restaurants chosen by voters:
- Darrell's Place - Hamlin
- Tojo's Bar and Grill - Jamaica
- Nick's Townhouse Tenderloins - Des Moines
- The Buffalo Tavern - Burlington
- Dairy Sweet - Dunlap
- The Lucky Pig Pub & Grill - Ogden
- St. Olaf Tavern - St. Olaf
- Smitty's Tenderloin Shop - Des Moines
- Grid Iron Grill & Sports Lounge - Webster City
Do you agree with the choices, or do you think some other restaurants should be included? Leave your thoughts in the comments below!