You Can Enjoy a Candlelit Dinner on the Bridge of Lions
A popular annual event is returning to Cedar Rapids in September!
According to a new article from the Cedar Rapids Gazette, the Czech Village and NewBo District in Cedar Rapids is gearing up to host the 2021 Dinner on the Bridge this summer. If you're not familiar with the event, 500 people will be seated at 50 round tables set up on the Bridge of the Lions in Cedar Rapids for a fancy candlelit dinner. It's set to take place on Thursday, September 9th at 5:30 p.m., with dinner being served at 7:30 p.m.
This year's event will look a little bit different than year's past. There are four different catering companies that are participating this year, so you will be able to choose which one's options sound the best to you. The Eventbrite listing says that anyone you want to sit with will all need to choose the same caterer.
Tickets for Dinner on the Bridge officially went on sale to the public yesterday, and they're going fast. The meals from one of the four caterers is already sold out (Amos Dean's Catering), with less than 100 tickets left for the remaining three. Here are the two options you can currently choose from each of them, courtesy of Eventbrite:
- Anvil Meat Market & Deli
- Spinach Pesto Roasted Chicken with rice pilaf and broccoli
- Vegan Spinach Cashew Ricotta Lasagna with steamed broccoli
- Lion Bridge Brewing
- Pork ribs with Yard Sale IPA Peach BBQ Sauce, a summer green salad with house vinaigrette, and herbed French-style potato salad
- Grilled Zucchini Steaks with corn succotash relish, a summer green salad with house vinaigrette, and herbed French-style potato salad
- Peppercorn Food Company
- Jambalaya over Rice - shrimp, scallops, salmon, and mussels with sweet pepper, onions, garlic, and more, served with parmesan-encrusted fresh rolls and herb-butter
- Roasted Vegetable Tart with avocado-infused crust, served with parmesan-encrusted fresh rolls and herb-butter
Tickets for the dinner are $100 apiece. You can purchase yours online HERE.