Where to Get Wing Deals for National Chicken Wing Day
Get ready to stuff your face, because today is National Chicken Wing Day!
National Chicken Wing Day is celebrated annually on July 29th. But, before we get into where to get some good wing deals today, we should probably dive into the history of the chicken wing a little bit. There are several different theories as to exactly who created them and how they came about, but one thing is for sure: Buffalo, New York is where they originated. The most widely-accepted claim seems to be that they got their start at the Anchor Bar back in 1964 by co-owner Teressa Bellissimo . Wikipedia says:
Upon the unannounced, late-night arrival of their son, Dominic, with several of his friends from college, Teressa needed a fast and easy snack to present to her guests. It was then that she came up with the idea of deep frying chicken wings (normally thrown away or reserved for stock) and tossing them in cayenne hot sauce."
USA Today put together an article outlining some of the places you can get discounted, or even free wings in honor of today's holiday. Here are a few of your options here in Eastern Iowa:
- Located at 2360 Edgewood Rd SW in Cedar Rapids
- Get five free wings with any online wing purchase made on their website wingstop.com by using the code “5FreeWings”
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- 1100 Blairs Ferry Rd in Cedar Rapids
- 2020 Edgewood Rd SW in Cedar Rapids
- 2500 Corridor Way in Coralville
- 201 Clinton St in Iowa City
- Get 6 free wings with the purchase of any size order of wings when you dine-in or order via phone
- 303 Collins Rd NE in Cedar Rapids
- 2645 Edgewood Rd in Cedar Rapids
- 200 12th Avenue Center in Coralville
- Get a buy one, get one free deal on any of their wing options - only valid on online orders for to-go or delivery
Read more on National Chicken Wing Day deals HERE.