Two Local Beer Festivals Will Be At-Home Events This Year
If you were hoping to hang out at Northside Oktoberfest or BrewNost this year, you're out of luck. There is some good news, though. Both events are still happening, just in a very different way!
According to a new article from the Cedar Rapids Gazette, two local events will be happening "to-go" style in 2020. The article says:
"The National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library’s annual BrewNost fundraiser in Cedar Rapids and the Northside Oktoberfest in Iowa City have come up with ways for people to raise a socially distanced glass."
Let's start with Northside Oktoberfest in Iowa City. Instead of hosting the event in the Northside neighborhood, you'll be able to celebrate the event from the safety of your own home with Northside Oktoberfest in a Box. The Downtown Iowa City website says that each box is made for two people and costs $117.92. It includes:
- A 12-pack of unique beers from 12 Iowa breweries (including custom Northside Oktoberfest beers)
- Two custom Dirty John’s glasses
- A bake-at-home Pagiliai’s Pizza (your choice of cheese, pepperoni, sausage, or veggie)
- Salt Sisters: Mama Mia’s Herb Blend Pizza Seasoning from Prairie Kitchen Store
- A bottle of wine from Brix Cheese & Wine Shop (your choice of white or red)
- A $15 gift card for dinner from a Northside restaurant (your choice between Hamburg Inn, Goosetown Cafe, George's Cafe, Marcos Grilled Cheese, Pop's BBQ, Oasis Falafel, Wild Culture Kombucha, Dash Coffee, Bluebird Diner, High Ground Cafe, or Brix Cheese & Wine Shop)
- A $15 gift card to a Northside neighborhood shop (Artifacts, rsvp, Willow & Stock, Haba Salon, Hare Parlor, Prairie Kitchen Store, Domby, Haunted Bookshop, Public Space One, Luxe Interiors, or LaJames)
The only remaining pickup date is October 2nd, so make sure you order yours before it's sold out. You can get more information on that HERE.
BrewNost, which is held annually at the National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library in Cedar Rapids, also has to-go packages available this year, with four different options. There's the standard $75 package, the $125 Wine Package, the $125 VIP Package, and the $150 Shippable BrewNost Package. The NCSML website says:
"Packages will be available for pick-up Wednesday, Sept. 23 – Friday, Sept. 25 from 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. in the circle drive of the NCSML."
To get details on each package and order yours, click HERE.
If you'd rather attend an Oktoberfest in person, the annual Adventureland Oktoberfest is still scheduled for October 3rd. You can get more information on that event HERE.