The Worst Wedding Guests We’ve Ever Witnessed
Everybody says that your wedding is supposed to be one of the happiest days of your life, but sometimes your wedding guests can make that a little bit challenging. For example, one bride recently told the story of the woman who showed up at the celebration with 10 Tupperware containers, which she filled with food to take home at the end of the night. The story was shared in the "That's It I'm Wedding Shaming" Facebook group, and it notes that her "dad's friend asked if he could bring his daughter and her husband to their small wedding." And when they said small, they meant it. Only 25 guests attended the wedding. Does anyone else think that's it's rude to ask someone to invite your family members to their wedding?!
According to Thrillist, the woman "filled seven containers with dinner fare and three more with dessert. She even had the audacity to swipe a few floral centerpieces and 'a couple bottles of beer' to accompany her haul." But that's not even the worst part! The bride discovered the next day that the guest gave her a FIVE DOLLAR BILL as a gift. Now, I know what you're thinking, but no, the woman was not struggling financially. The bride specified that she was likely "better off" than she was!
Now, this woman was obviously not an ideal wedding guest, but I'm sure there some ever worse stories out there! We took to Facebook to ask people about the worst wedding guests they've ever witnessed, and here are some of the stories:
- Shanda Heath - "The dad showed up (he wasn't expected as he did not get along with the stepdad) and got into such a huge fight with the family that it took 45 mins to get the bride to stop crying, and then another 30 mins to get her back to picture ready. He ended up walking her down the aisle and then just walking away."
- Julie Maxfield - "We had a guest at our wedding 'dancing' in a short skirt without undergarments"
- Chris Pierce Moody - "At my sister's wedding, her son and my now hubby were mixing all types of drinks, and by the end of the night her son was passed out on the floor after throwing up many times with his head in a big garbage can."
- Jen Miltner - "Once, a bride’s father & her new husband got into a fistfight.
She later got so intoxicated she took her dress off. On the dance floor. She wasn’t wearing panties."
- Melinda John - "My mom went to collect the leftover food at the end of the night for my wedding and she noticed that a huge pan of ham was missing. The caterers told us that the person who took it said they had permission from us to take it. We never agreed to that and to this day still call that person the ham thief."
- Alyssa Pratt - "The groom's Uncle brought his 60+ year old girlfriend that wore a full-length white, beaded gown, with white fur wrap. Guests kept asking the bride and groom if she was there another bride staying at the same hotel"
Now it's your turn! Share your worst wedding guest stories with us in the comments below!