Survey: 84% Of Americans Want Another Stimulus Check
The US government's stimulus package of $2.2 trillion reaches heights we've never seen before. Yet, despite receiving part of the biggest stimulus ever, the majority of Americans want more. I mean, of course, they do. A $1,200 deposit in your bank account, is like money falling from the sky.
According to WalletHub’s new Coronavirus Relief Survey released today, 84% of Americans want another wave of stimulus checks. According to some reports, it could happen too. There may be another stimulus check in the future, but nothing is final yet.
Below are additional highlights of WalletHub's nationally representative survey, including age, gender, and income, so the sample reflects U.S. demographics.
• Many people are at risk of going broke: Nearly 160 million Americans are less than three months away from running out of money.
• Stimulus checks feed vices: Almost 24 million Americans will buy drugs, alcohol or tobacco with their stimulus money.
• Americans want unemployment insurance to match wages: Around 56 percent of Americans don't think people's unemployment income should be more than their previous income.
• People are generous during the pandemic: A third of Americans say they will donate part of their stimulus money to coronavirus relief.
• The young want checks based on financial impact: Millennials are 25 percent more likely than baby boomers to think that stimulus checks should only be given to people experiencing income loss.
• Americans think non-impacted businesses shouldn’t get aid: 70% of Americans believe that government help should only be given to businesses with a revenue loss.
If you're wondering Where's my Stimulus Check? Click here for the IRS Check My Payment tool.