Restaurants Serving Thanksgiving Dinner in Eastern Iowa
If you're lucky enough to get to spend Thanksgiving with your family, it's either an exciting prospect, or a stressful one, wondering how you're going to feed them all. If you'd rather not do the work yourself, we have tracked down several local restaurants offering Thanksgiving dinner specials. All dates are for Thursday, November 23, Thanksgiving Day, unless otherwise noted.
The Class Act Restaurant, inside the Hotel at Kirkwood Center on the Kirkwood Community College campus at 7725 Kirkwood Blvd SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404 is once again offering its Thanksgiving dinner special. For a cost of $22 per person for adults and $12 for kids, the menu will offer:
- Herb Brine Turkey Breast
- Sourdough and Mushroom Stuffing Fritters
- Pickled Butternut Squash
- Pumpkin Flan
- Fried Sage
- Choice of soup or salad
Visit their Facebook page or contact them by phone at (319)848-8777
Granite City, located at 4755 1st Ave SE, Cedar Rapids, will be offering a "family style" Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings.
- Welcome Course: featuring Tossed Garden Salad with Balsamic dressing and holiday biscuits.
- Main Course: includes turkey breast and a choice of either salmon and short ribs, along with mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, cranberry chutney, green bean casserole, macaroni and cheese, and balsamic glazed brussels sprouts.
- Dessert: Mini pumpkin pies or pecan pie bars
Cost is $24.95 for adults, $8.95 for kids 6-12, and free for kids 5 and under
The Longbranch Restaurant, part of the Longbranch Hotel at 90 Twixt Town Road NE in Cedar Rapids, will have a traditional Thanksgiving Day dinner offering from 10:30 a.m.-2 p.m., with an extensive menu that can be found at their website. If you'd prefer, you can join them for an evening Thanksgiving buffet from 3:30-7:30 p.m.. More details and menu options available here.
- Call (319)377-6386 or visit the Longbranch's website for reservations and details.
- Daytime lunch cost is $24.99 for adults, $23.99 for seniors, $10.99 for children 12 and under, and FREE for kids 4 and under.
- Evening buffet cost is $25.99 for adults, $24.99 for seniors, and $10.99 for kids
- Beverage, tax and gratuity are additional cost for both day and evening options.
For those who prefer an organic/vegan style menu, there is the Trumpet Blossom Cafe in Iowa City. They are located at 310 E. Prentiss St, Iowa City. According to their Facebook page they have several special items available for Thanksgiving, and you are encouraged to place your order by Sunday, November 19.