Local Movie Theaters are Showing All the Harry Potter Movies
Fellow Harry Potter lovers - get ready to head to the movies nine times over the next few months! Three different Marcus Theatres locations here in Eastern Iowa are going to be showing all eight Harry Potter movies, plus Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them!
I've been a giant Harry Potter nerd since the very first movie came out back in 2001, so I was lucky enough to see every single movie when it was originally in theaters. If it took you a little longer and you didn't jump on the bandwagon until later down the road, you'll finally have your chance to see all the movies on the big screen! The Marcus Theatres locations in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, and Cedar Falls are hosting the "Harry Potter Magical Movie Showcase."
Beginning in mid-September, the theaters will show a different Harry Potter movie each weekend through the first weekend in November. The showings are at noon on Saturdays and Sundays. Here is the schedule, according to the Marcus Theatres website:
- September 8 & 9 - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- September 15 & 16 - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- September 22 & 23 - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- September 29 & 30 - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- October 6 & 7 - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- October 13 & 14 - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- October 20 & 21 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1)
- October 27 & 28 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 2)
- November 3 & 4 - Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
So how much will each movie cost you? Only $5! If you know you're going to want to see all of them, there's an even better deal. You can see all nine movies for only $27 with the "Hogwarts Express Passport." Those can only be purchased at the theater box office.
I don't know about you, but I am PUMPED for this. I've seen every movie about 389 times, but I'll never stop wanting to watch them. Especially on the big screen!
To read more about the showcase, click HERE.
[Via Marcus Theatres]