It’s National Burger Day! Who Serves the Best Burger in the Corridor?
Happy National Hamburger Day!
A lot of our holidays have been ruined because of the coronavirus, but not this one! Plenty of restaurants here in Eastern Iowa are open for dine-in or carryout services, which means you can still order your favorite local burger to celebrate.
In honor of today's holiday, I went to Yelp to figure out who has the best burgers here in the Corridor. Here are the top 10 highest-rated local restaurants with delicious burgers:
- The Map Room - Cedar Rapids
- Jimmy Jack's Rib Shack - Iowa City and North Liberty
- Palisades Cafe - Mount Vernon
- Teddy's Bigger Burgers - Iowa City
- Short's Burger and Shine - Marion & Iowa City
- Brick's Bar & Grill - Cedar Rapids
- 2 Dogs Pub - Iowa City
- The Blind Pig - Cedar Rapids
- BurgerFiend - Cedar Rapids
- The Mill Restaurant - Iowa City
There are a lot of great looking burgers on that list, but I think that a few other local restaurants deserve a shout out. Just missing the top 10 was Starlite Room in Cedar Rapids, coming in at number 11:
I'm also a big fan of the Cowboy Burger at Edith Lucielle's Bait Shack & Wing Depot in Cedar Rapids and the Yanda Burger at Sally's on Broadway in Springville:
Now it's your turn! To celebrate National Burger Day 2020, tell us which local restaurant has your #1 favorite burger and be sure to include a photo if you have one. Then, maybe you can order lunch or dinner from the restaurant to show your support during this difficult time! Let's keep those local businesses up and running! :)