Girl Scout Cookie Season Has Arrived
They're back! The Girl Scout cookie season begins this Friday, January 18!
The 2019 fleet of Girl Scout cookies that will be available in eastern Iowa and western Illinois shape up like this:
- Do-si-dos: Crunchy oatmeal sandwich cookies with creamy peanut butter filling.
- Girl Scout S'mores: Crunchy graham sandwich cookies with creamy chocolate and marshmallowy filling.
- Samoas: Crisy cookies coated in caramel, sprinkled with toasted coconut and striped with dark chocolaty coating.
- Savannah Smiles: Crisp, zesty lemon wedge cookies dusted with powdered sugar.
- Tagalongs: Crispy cookies layered with peanut butter and covered with a chocolaty coating.
- Thin Mints (Vegan): Crispy wafers covered in chocolaty coating made with natural oil of peppermint.
- Trefoils: Traditional shortbread cookies that are delightfully simple and satisfying.
- Toffee-tastic (Gluten-free): Rich, buttery cookies with sweet, crunchy toffee bits.
I love Do-si-dos, Samoas, AND Tagalongs. Yes, I have a Girl Scout Cookie problem.
According to a media release from the Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois, traditional flavors are $4 a box and the S’mores cookies and gluten-free Toffee-tastic cookies are $5 per box.
To find out where you can purchase cookies, click HERE. You can also use the Girl Scout Cookie Finder app HERE for iOS and HERE for Android devices. Cookies will be available for purchase January 18 through March 24.
All proceeds from the Cookie Program stay local so be sure to buy a bunch! I mean, after all, that's the one and only reason you'd buy a whole group of them, right?