Courtlin Names Her Favorite Nachos for National Nachos Day [GALLERY]
My favorite food holiday is finally here!
According to a bunch of people on the internet, Saturday, November 6th is also known as National Nachos Day. It's a day to celebrate the greatest food of all time!
Apparently, my love of nachos began in the womb. My mom says that all of her cravings when she was pregnant with me were salty foods, like chips and French fries, and Mexican food. They were drastically different when she was pregnant with my brother a couple of years later. With him she craved sweets, like donuts and candy. Those cravings have carried over to both of us in our adult lives.
I don't know what it is about nachos that make me love them so much, but it probably has a lot to do with hot cheese. Because my obsession with them is so well-known, I often get asked which local restaurants serve my favorite. In my humble opinion, here are ten of the best places to order nachos here in Eastern Iowa (in alphabetical order):
- The Blind Pig - 3325 Center Point Road NE, Cedar Rapids
- Brick & Iron - 104 E 7th Street, Coralville
- Bushwood Sports Bar & Grill - 350 Edgewood Road NW, Cedar Rapids
- Chrome Horse Saloon -
- Jimmy Z's - 112 2nd Street SE, Cedar Rapids
- Pub 217 - 217 3rd Street SE, Cedar Rapids
- Rock Bar American Grill - 219 2nd Avenue SE, Cedar Rapids
- Tiki Tacos 'n Burgers 'n Wings - 119 East Washington Street, Iowa City
- Whiskey River Grill - 2882 Palo Marsh Road, Palo
- Wild Hogs Saloon & Eatery - 350 Commercial Drive, Walford
Want a look at the nachos from all of these places? Good news! I have PLENTY of photos. Check them out below: