The 28th Annual Swamp Fox Festival In Marion Features Activities For Everyone!
The city of Marion is preparing to celebrate its 28th annual Swamp Fox Festival this weekend! The fall weather is here and there a ton of great family-friendly activities to enjoy all over Marion this weekend. You can get a full list of events HERE, but some of the highlights include:
- Family Breakfast at the Marion Heritage Center, 590 10th Street - Saturday from 7 to 9:30 a.m. Adults $6, $5 for kids 5-10, under 4 free.
- 5K Run/Walk on 5th Ave. between Marion City Hall and Vernon Middle School. Saturday starting at 7:30 a.m.
- Fall Marion Market at City Square Park, Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Swamp Fox Festival Parade, Saturday at 9:30 a.m. NEW ROUTE in 2017! This year's parade will turn from 15th street onto 6th avenue, not 7th avenue.
- Bags Tournament in City Square Park, Saturday at 11 a.m. following the parade! Cost is $15 per team of two!
- Kids Activities at Lowe Park, Saturday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. There will be face painting, balloons, bubble blowing and more!
- Brass Transit Authority at the Klopfenstein Amphitheater for the Performing Arts, Saturday from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- FIREWORKS, Saturday at 8:30 at Lowe Park!
There are plenty of other great events and activities going on all weekend in Marion! Make sure and shop the stores along 7th Avenue for special deals and savings! And make sure and look for KHAK in the Swamp Fox Festival Parade!