- Freewill Donation
- Echo Hill Presbyterian Church
- 9000 C Avenue, Marion, 52302 United States
Come and participate in the Chili/Soup Cook-Off on Saturday, November 11th. A freewill offering will be collected and proceeds will go towards the Horizons Backpack Meals Program benefiting Linn-Mar students.
All are welcome to come and sample as many of the chili and soup entries as you wish and then have bowl of your favorite from 5:00-6:30 pm.
If you wish to donate to the meal, we are looking for people to bring bread, cornbread, butter, crackers, desserts, cookies, cupcakes. Please sign-up at the Welcome Center.
If you wish to participate in the Chili/Soup Cook-Off Competition, we will be awarding the Heartiest Chili/Soup, Most Flavor-able Chili/Soup, and the Best of the Best.
• Chefs must sign-up that they are participating at the Welcome Center.
• There is no cost for a chef to enter their soup/chili
• Chefs make their favorite chili/soup at home and bring it to Fellowship Hall between 4:00-4:30 pm on Saturday, November11 in a crock pot or roaster.
• Judges will sample all chili/soup 4:30-5:00 pm before it becomes open to all at 5:00 pm.
• Chefs are to keep their entries anonymous during the tasting. Each chili/soup will be given a random number in order to assure fair and unbiased judging. Judges will not be aware of whose soup they are judging.
• Chefs are to provide the level of hotness (i.e. mild, medium, hot, super hot) of their soup/chili.
• Chefs are to provide a list of ingredients to avoid food allergies. You do not have to provide the recipe.
• Chefs are responsible for bringing ladles to serve their soup/chili.
• Chefs are responsible for bringing chili/soup sides like hot sauce, sour cream, grated cheese and green onions – anything that you think will enhance your dish.
We are looking forward to a great competition and fellowship! If you have any questions, please reach out to Michael Becker at Echo Hill Presbyterian Church office - 319-377-4360.