The Richest Person In Iowa Revealed
If you've ever wondered who the richest person was in Iowa, we have an answer! If you assumed that Iowa's richest person had something to do with farming or agriculture, you would have assumed correctly.
Wide Open Country developed a map of the richest people in each state based on data from Market Watch. Market Watch states that it's a site that "provides the latest stock market, financial and business news." In a report from November of 2016, Market Watch provided data showing the richest people in each of the 50 states. Iowa's wealthy winner was Dennis Albaugh, founder of Albaugh LLC. with a net worth of $1.4 billion! The company was founded in 1979 by Dennis and is now "recognized as the largest, American based, manufacturer and formulator of off patent agricultural crop protection products," according to Market Watch.
You may wonder what someone does with that much money. Well one of the things Albaugh seems to enjoy is collecting classic cars. KCCI reporter Eric Hanson got a look at the collection, as you can see in the video below.
Our neighboring states have their share of rich folk too! Check out the competitive net worths of these prosperous people from the Market Watch report.
- Illinois: Ken Griffin (Citadel) $7 billion
- Missouri: Jack C. Taylor (Enterprise Rent-A-Car) $12.8 billion
- Minnesota: Whitney MacMillan (Cargill) $4.6 billion
- Nebraska: Warren Buffet (Berkshire Hathaway) $66.7 billion
- South Dakota: T. Denny Sanford (United National Corp.) $1.4 billion
- Wisconsin: John Menard Jr. (we bet you can guess what company he's with --Menards!) $1.2 billion
There you have it. Now we can all be depressed about how much money we're not making... Just kidding! It must be nice to be that wealthy though! See the full map of the richest people in each of the 50 U.S. states HERE.