The Best Things to Eat Before This Saturday’s Beer Summit
Before you spend three hours sampling over 100 types of beer tomorrow night, here are some things you should eat ahead of time to prepare your body for all the alcohol!
At one point or another, we’ve all learned the lesson: “don’t drink on an empty stomach.” Whether you learned it from watching a friend or from personal experience, you learned it all the same! Expert nutritionists came up with a list of the best foods to eat before a night out drinking, so you might want to run to the grocery store tonight...
- Low-fat yogurt with granola – It sticks to your stomach for 4-6 hours
- Milk – It’s high in potassium, which you lose after going to the bathroom a lot, plus it keeps you hydrated
- Hummus – Eat it with raw veggies to get the nutrients you need to prevent a nasty hangover!
- Salmon – It contains lots of B-12, which alcohol depletes
- Chicken – A chicken sandwich has lots of protein, which slows how quick your blood alcohol level increases
- Eggs – Also chock full of proteins and amino acids that help break down alcohol… also a great hangover food!
- Spaghetti – It gives you carbs to boost your energy and it also absorbs some of the alcohol
- Cereal – Eat a fiber-rich cereal with some milk to slow down your alcohol absorption
See more good foods to eat before you drink HERE.