Start Your Iowa Small Business With the “Race for the Space” [PHOTOS]
Do you dream of starting your own small business right in the heart of downtown Cedar Rapids, but don't have the resources or know where to start?
The Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance is launching a unique opportunity for people like you. It's called the "Race for the Space". They are making select downtown rental properties for a start-up entrepreneur to get off the ground. The resources they are offering include:
• Your choice of selected downtown rental properties
• $20,000 to use for rent, build-out, and/or overhead costs
• Chance to become a staple downtown attraction for years to come
• $7,500 credit towards Architectural Design Services and Buildout Support with Form Function Studio
• A complimentary 8-week owner education course to build a more valuable business provided by BerganKDV
Applications are now open and will close at 5 p.m. on June 30. One winner will be announced in August, who will get their choice of one of these rental properties:
The Arco Building, 310 3rd St. SE
The Dows Building, 209 2nd St. SE
Armstrong Food Court 1 & 3
100 1st Ave. NE #115
The criteria for selecting the winner will be as follows, according to the "Race for the Space" website:
During the month of July, the Race for the Space selection committee will review all applications and narrow down the pool to four finalists. These finalists will make an in-person pitch to the selection committee and various members of the Cedar Rapids community. One winner will be chosen in early August.
If a unique opportunity to fast-track your startup in any of these spaces appeals to you, join the Race for the Space and get more info here.