Life Skills They SHOULD Teach In Schools [LIST]
I always stress to my kids that the lessons you learn in school will benefit you your entire life! But what about the things they DON'T teach you in class? There are certainly a number of topics that I would have gladly taken classes on that would have helped me out later in life! Here are just a few things that schools might want to add to their curriculum.
- Basic car maintenance - Jump starting your car battery, changing a flat tire, and changing your own oil are simple skills that you will need to know at some point.
- Home improvement - How to fix a toilet that is running, how to hang a shelf, and other simple tasks. If you've never done it, it can be daunting.
- Sticking to a budget - Heck, I could use a refresher course in this! They might touch on this in some economics classes, but it should be a matter of FOCUS.
- How to do your taxes - Some schools have begun offering this class, and encourage students to provide the service to low-income families.
- Computer programming - No matter the job, computers are a part of it. Schools in England offer coding classes to kindergartners! Come on U.S.!
What is a life skill that YOU think should get more attention in school?