12 Charged with Over 100 Crimes in Eastern Iowa Drug Sting
In a state that has had its issues with criminals making and distributing illegal narcotics, it's always good to see a hefty drug bust take place -- especially in eastern Iowa.
Folks like myself who are big fans of law and order got a big win over the weekend in the Hawkeye State.
According to KCRG, Fayette County authorities executed six different house warrants that resulted in the arrest of 12 people on November 4, at 9:30 PM. Drugs, firearms, and roughly $4,000 were seized during the execution of said warrants.
The news station continued, elaborating on what was recovered: "Law enforcement found approximately 1.25 pounds of marijuana, approximately 70 grams of methamphetamine, long guns, a pistol, wax and liquid, multiple types of prescription pills and packaged pills, and paraphernalia."
There were over 100 charges filed against the 12 individuals, including but not limited to "possession of methamphetamine/intent to distribute methamphetamine, possession of marijuana/intent to distribute marijuana, possession of other schedule substance/intent to deliver other schedule substance, unlawful possession of prescriptions/intent to deliver, drug tax stamp violations, and interference."
KCRG adds that the following people were arrested and charged:
- Michael Wayne Forbes, 52 of Oelwein IA, Bond Amount $25,000 cash/surety
- Kristy Ranae Heidt, 53 of Oelwein IA, Bond Amount $20,000 cash 10% approved
- Brandy Lynn Schoultz, 37 of Oelwein IA, Bond Amount $500 cash/surety 10% approved
- Tristan Marie Westpfahl, 35 of Oelwein IA, Bond Amount $7,000 cash 10% approved
- Aaron Paul James, 43 of Oelwein IA, Bond Amount $5,000 cash 10% approved
- Amanda Lou James, 56 of Oelwein IA, Bond Amount $5,000 10% approved
- Cameron Jon Wilson, 27 of Oelwein IA, Bond Amount $22,300 cash
- Christopher Lee Becker, 40 of Oelwein IA, Bond Amount $25,000 cash/surety
- Nicole Leanne Burgos, 29 of Oelwein IA, Bond Amount $20,000 cash/surety 10% approved
- Justin Douglas Pattison, 39 of Sumner IA, Bond Amount $ 20,000 cash/surety
- Joseph Allen McMurrin, 34 of Alpha IA, Bond Amount $20,000 cash/surety
- Victoria Ann Nieman, 42 of Maynard IA, Bond Amount $2,500 cash 10% approved