Iowans Reveal Their Random/Unusual Life Skills
Not all talents belong on a resume!
I don't know about you, but I'm pretty good at a lot of random things. I was out to lunch with some friends on my birthday Monday, and one of them told me how great I am at taking pictures of food. I'm pretty good at taking pictures of other things, but food photos are where I really shine. That's one of the reasons I started my Instagram account CourtlinEatsIowa!
We were curious about other people's random or unusual life skills this morning, so we took to Facebook to find out what you guys are good at! Here are a few of the responses:
- Erin Stancel - "I can write with my toes... and my party trick was that I can fit my entire hand (up to my wrist) in my mouth."
- Randie Frieden - "Getting stains out of clothes. Are my kids' clothes second-hand? If you can't tell, I don't need to either."
- Tonya Mcclure - "Plugging my nose with my lip."
- Mandy Tusing - "I can correctly guess how many letters are in a word seconds after hearing the word, 99% of the time."
- Tiffany Vogt - "Untying knots. Ever since I was little, people would bring me their shoes to get knots out. Not something I would ever put on a resume."
- Joyce GIllaspie Thompson - "Folding clothes like they are folded in the stores. T-shirts are my favorite to fold."
- Bryan Hole - "Driving. I've been called a 'human GPS.'"
- Tiffany Nicole - "I am great at reading and writing upside down, since I’m a teacher and I hold the books/white boards on my lap and look down at them to read or write."
- Katie Heggen - "I can correctly guess a man's shoe size by looking at his ring finger, 80% of the time."
- Angie Kremer - "Crazy cakes."
- Nikki Hurst - "I am undefeated at the limbo... drunk or sober... on skates or on foot. I would be defeated now after 3 kids, but in my prime I was a master."
Do you have any unusual life skills? Let us know in the comments below!
KEEP READING: 10 classic board games that will take you way back