Iowans Are Eating A Lot More of THESE Comfort Foods During Quarantine
Food is good, right? We all need it to live. Kinda something we base a large part of our day on. What we'll eat, when, with who, where. Well, in the COVID-19 era it's more WHAT than where. We can still get our faves delivered, or via pick-up but, it's been a lot more eating at home. But what comfort foods are we turning to for a little extra comfort during these unpredictable times? Well according to a Fox News article, Iowans are eating a mixture of more junk food, and fatty meat items.
The study, which Fox says came from Grubhub, lumped all Midwesterners into one and found we're indulging in more of the following:
- Sausage egg cheese burrito: 250 percent more popular
- Glazed donut: 119 percent more popular
- Fried cheese curd: 110 percent more popular
- Red velvet cupcake: 93 percent more popular
- Spicy chicken wrap: 85 percent more popular
What is your go-to comfort food? I'll take the Double Stuf Oreos ANY old day!
READ MORE: How Much Food Do You Need to Shelter in Place?