Iowa Casino Reopens Smoke-Free
We have good news for all of the non-smoking gamblers here in Eastern Iowa!
According to the Meskwaki Casino Facebook page, the casino has reopened with some new rules. One of those rules is no smoking or vaping in the casino.
We've waited a long time for this! I want to say thanks to the folks at Meskwaki for making this decision. It's about time, I hope the other casino properties in the state will follow suit.
A few other rules are also in effect after the casino's reopening this morning:
- All patrons will be subject to a non-invasive temperature scan before entering the building.
- Masks must be worn by ALL patrons as well as the workers in the casino.
- Physical distancing of six feet will be enforced throughout the property.
- Adjusted hours in the casino will be 8 a.m. - 12 a.m. Sunday - Thursday
- Adjusted hours on Friday & Saturday will be 8 a.m. - 2 a.m.
Reading the Facebook comments, the majority of people who posted seem to be very happy the casino will be going smoke-free. One person said:
"I love the no-smoking policy. I hope you stay with it. Illinois is smoke-free and anytime we were there they had a normal crowd like Meskwaki used to have."
Another comment said, "Great job! Don't bend to pressure! No smoking and everyone in masks will keep everyone healthier and safer so they can go there more often!"
You can visit the Meskwaki Facebook page by clicking right here.
The casino reopened at 8 a.m. today, Wednesday, July 1.
[Source :Meskwaki Facebook]