Free Meals for Linn-Mar and Cedar Rapids Students Extended
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) recently extended The Free Summer Food Service program for student meals that will allow kids in the Linn-Mar and Cedar Rapids Community School Districts to have free breakfast and lunch through the remainder of 2020 (December 31) or until funding runs out.
KCRG says that on Linn-Mar's part, they aren't sure when that funding might run out, but kids can pick up their grab 'n go meals at either Linn Grove or Novak Elementary schools for students who have hybrid or virtual classes. Parents or students can stop by to pick up meals from 9 to 9:30 a.m. daily.
Meanwhile, according to CBS2, the locations for pickup in the Cedar Rapids Community School District, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m each day are:
- Cedar River Academy at Taylor Elementary School, 720 7th Ave. SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
- Grant Wood Elementary School, 645 26th St. SE
- Johnson STEAM Academy, 355 18th St. SE.
- Wright Elementary School, 1524 Hollywood Blvd NE
- Harding Middle School, 4801 Golf St NE
- Roosevelt Middle School, 300 13th St. NW5
- Wilson Middle School, 2301 J St SW
In-person students will be served meals in school and virtual students can pick up meals at Grab n' Go locations
Again, the extension is through December 31, or when USDA program funding runs out, at which time students will begin having the Grab 'N Go Meals charged according to whatever account they are on.