Eastern Iowa Apple Orchards That You Should Check Out This Fall
There's nothing like doing some apple-picking on a crisp fall day!
When I was growing up in Michigan, one of my favorite days of the year was apple orchard day. We would get up early on a Saturday morning and hop in the car and drive forever out to Blake's Orchard (it was really only an hour, but when you're a kid it feels like a lifetime). There was always fresh apple cider and warm cinnamon donuts, and we would take the hayride over to the pumpkin patch where we would pick out the perfect carving pumpkin. The best part, though, was always the apple-picking. There's something about climbing trees and picking the apples yourself that just makes them taste more delicious. Even as an adult, I love going to the apple orchard. I did a little research to find out where I can do some apple-picking here in Eastern Iowa. Here's what I found:
- Allen's Orchard
- Location - 5801 N 10th Street, Marion, IA 52302
- Hours - Open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wilson's Orchard
- Location - 4823 Dingleberry Road NE, Iowa City, Iowa 52240
- Hours - Open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Big Apple Orchard
- Location - 117 Hwy 30 W., Mount Vernon, IA 52314
- Hours - Friday: 3 - 6 p.m.Saturday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Czipar’s Apple Orchard
- Location - 8610 US-52, Dubuque, IA 52003
- Hours - Open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Gravert's Apple Basket Orchard
- Location - 54757 Hwy 52, Sabula, IA 52070
- Hours - Open daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Check out more places to enjoy fall festivities HERE.