According to KCCI, "A West Des Moines man was taken to the hospital Wednesday afternoon after fire officials say his e-cigarette exploded in his pocket."

Authorities say the incident happened at the Sun Prairie Apartment Complex. A tenant was sitting on his couch when his e-cigarette suddenly exploded. The person told investigators, "It was just like a roman candle being shot!"

Smoke filled the hallway of the second floor. A worker from Sun Prairie was able to put the blaze out. A friend of the victim suffered third-degree burns. No other injuries were reported.

I'm sure this dude was pretty freaked out when this happened! This is just one more reason to give up the e-cigs....chewing gum is much safer.

To read the full article about what happened, click on this link.

No word yet on if the victim has decided to quit vaping.

[Source: KCCI]

More From 98.1 KHAK