Forget Taco Tuesday... today is PIZZA Tuesday!

According to National Today, February 9th is also known as National Pizza Day. To celebrate, I thought it would be fun to post some photos of my favorite pizzas here in the Corridor! But before we get to that, I found some fun survey results about pizza that I wanted to share.

National Today conducted a survey of 1,000 people to figure out their pizza-eating habits, and not surprisingly, a lot of folks enjoy pizza. 98% of the people surveyed said yes, they like pizza. I don't know who the other 2% are, but I'd like to talk to them and find out what's wrong with them.

When it comes to toppings, cheese is number one, followed by pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, and bacon. I'm not a fan of mushrooms, but other that that, I'm willing to try almost anything else on my pizza. Except pineapple. I firmly believe that pineapple does NOT belong on pizza.

Pizza Hut, Papa John's, and Dominos are the top three pizza brands in this particular survey, with 53% of people saying that they'd rather order pizza from a restaurant than cook a frozen one at home. In addition to that, the survey found that 30% of Americans say they eat pizza at least once a week, and 22% boast that they can finish an entire pizza by themselves. Impressive!

I've had some AMAZING pizza here in the Corridor over the course of the last six years, so I compiled some photos of my favorites from my CourtlinEatsIowa Instagram account. After you look through them, let me know what your favorite pizza to order in the area is, and maybe I'll check it out!

Courtlin's Favorite Pizzas for National Pizza Day

More From 98.1 KHAK