Country Music One-Hit Wonders [VIDEO]
One-hit wonders happen in all genres of music, including country music. Tails of an artist having a big hit and then fading into obscurity happen all the time. It's tough to have a hit song. It's even harder to have MORE than one hit song! So let's pay homage to some of the biggest one-hit wonders in recent country music history!
1. Dust on the Bottle - David Lee Murphy - DLM had a top ten hit in 1995 with 'Party Crowd' but his follow up single 'Dust on the Bottle' would prove to be his career-defining song. It would also be his only #1 until 2019 when his duet with Kenny Chesney, 'Everythings Gonna Be Alright' topped the charts.
2. Achy Breaky Heart - Billy Ray Cyrus - Sure, Billy Ray had several other songs from his album Some Gave All reach the top 10, but he'll always be remembered for his only #1 song 'Achy Breaky Heart'. It went platinum multiple times and started the line dance craze of the 1990s.
3. Who I Am - Jessica Andrews - Andrews was just a teenager when she hit #1 in 2001 with Who I Am. We all thought that the next young female country star had been born. She never had another single hit the top 15.
4. Daddy's Money - Ricochet - This country band from the mid-90s had several top 10 hits but nothing compared to Daddy's Money, the groups only #1 song.
5. Baby Likes to Rock It - The Tractors - The Tractors were a country rock band from the 90s that had a sound all their own. While this tune didn't even crack the top 10 on the charts, it was a staple in clubs and on dance floors. And it was their only song to have ANY chart success whatsoever.