Turkey Day Fun Facts!
I'm so excited it's Thanksgiving week! We can eat, watch football, eat again, enjoy time with family, and eat. If you ask me, it's the best holiday of the year! If you want to impress your family this year, here are some fun facts to make you sound like a Turkey-Day aficionada!
- The average person consumes about 4500 calories on Thanksgiving, according to the New York Times.
- Snopes says "Jingle Bells" was actually created for a Thanksgiving Sunday School performance
- "A turkey's gender can be determined from its droppings. Male droppings are spiral shaped. Female droppings are shaped like the letter J" reports Smithsonianmag.com.
- TheSpruce.com states that "wild turkeys can run up to 25 miles per hour and fly up to speeds of 55 miles per hour."
- Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving on the second Monday in October according to Wikipedia.
- In the US, about 45 million turkeys will be consumed this year for Thanksgiving celebrations says Time.com.
- Cranberries were once used for more than just sauce. Native Americans used them to treat wounds and dye arrows states Cranberry.org.
Well, I've either bored you to tears or maybe you learned something. Either way, I hope you all have a splendid holiday with your family and friends!